Monday 30 January 2012

Tunes Tuesday

Soooo looking round the blogging world, I noticed that quite a few people have a post that they do weekly, usually on a certain day haha, so here's mine...introducing *epic drum roll*  "Tunes Tuesday" , which will be all about sharing what I'm listening too at the moment!

So at the moment I'm all about Noisetrade, which is a site featuring heaps of musicians, most of which are artists/bands just starting out. How it works is you get to download their album for free (score aye!! and its completely legit!) and in exchange you let noise trade post on your Facebook or Twitter that you downloaded that particular artist, so it gives the artist a bit of a free promo. There is a bit of not so cool music on noise trade but there is also some music that is absolute gold!

One of my most favourite albums I have ever got from Noisetrade is called "Love and War and the Sea In Between" by a guy called Josh Garrels. Very beautiful acoustic music and also amazing lyrics! LOVE! Check out the song below...one of my faves. 




I also went to Parachute on Saturday and bought the album "The Anthem" by Aaron Gillespie , who used to be be in the band Underoath. This is his worship album.  I haven't had a lot of time to listen to it yet, but I'm quite excited bout it! 


Scott, Davy and Myself at Parachute

Can't remember this guys name..awkward. 

The Almost

5 comments:

  1. Yay - love Noisetrade too. Haven't listened to any stuff by Josh Garrels yet. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping over from the lovely PaisleyJade. I hadn't heard of noise trade but I think it may become a favourite very quickly. I like the idea of Tunes Tuesday and will be popping in to see what you find. Also thinking of making coffee muffins this afternoon - they look very moreish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Josh Garrell's music! nice! Great to meet you Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Never heard of Josh Garrell or noise trade (sheltered, i know!) But im going to look now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ladies! so nice too meet you all!

    ReplyDelete