Wednesday 25 January 2012

Coffee Muffins



This coffee muffin recipe is a favourite in my family, as well as with my friends. They are just waaayyy too yummy! The kids in my brother's class at school would always be like "Get your mum to make coffee muffins oi!" whenever there was a class shared lunch. The awesome thing about them too is that it is one of those chuck-everything-together-in-a-bowl-and-mix recipes. So today went to make them and discovered I had no cup-cake liners  or instant coffee. I figured I'd just make a really strong plunger coffee to substitute, but it didn't work as well. This must be the one time in life that instant trumps plunger. As for the cup-cake liners, I decided to have a go at making my own out of baking paper with a few hints I got from here

3tsp of dry instant coffee
1Tbsp of hot water
125g of Butter
2tsp of vanilla essence
3/4c of brown sugar
2 eggs
1c of flour
1tsp of baking powder
1/3c of milk
1/4c custard powder


Dissolve coffee in water, combine in a large bowl with the butter, essence, sugar, eggs, sifted flour, custard powder and milk. Beat until all the ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth. Bake in a moderate oven.  

























1 comment: