Saturday 12 May 2012

DIY: Op Shop Jersey

So I did a little op shopping the other day and found a cool grandad sweater on the $1 rack. It looked like it would fit me, so for one dollar, how can you go wrong? When I tried it on at home I found that it was HUGE. I was swimming in it. So I washed it to see if it would shrink a bit or something. Didn't work. As I was looking on a blog called Glasses and Pipes, I came across this genius idea to resize sweaters that are WAY too big. 


Here was the sweater I bought:




As you can see, It's giant. So I just lay it down on the floor with the seams together, put on top a sweater that you like the size of, and cut around. Make sure you leave enough for a seam allowance.  Then sew it back together with a straight stitch then zigzag. Simple






Finishes sweater! YAY! so much better!!!





I think this could be the start of a sweater craze. The possibilities are endless...

You could add cute elbow patches 
Source from here

Or a little collar

Source from here




Or some lace pockets


Source from here


1 comment: