Tuesday 13 March 2012

Weekend.

This weekend was full of good times! I went up home to Whangarei on Thursday because my beautiful friend Jessie was getting married in the weekend, and also coz it was my birthday and its always nice to be with the family on ya birthday. I always LOVE going home for the weekend. My family and I are really close, and its good to catch up with friends as well, plus a little shopping never hurts haha.
On Saturday it was my birthday and I turned 20!! It freaks me out a little, coz I feel like I'm getting old, like my childhood is officially over. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it. 
Its a birthday tradition in my family that the birthday person gets to choose ANYTHING they want for breakfast. Over the years we have had a variety of weird stuff including doughnuts, lamingtons and gross-full-of-sugar cereal that we were usually never allowed. I chose to have my usual fave. French toast with bacon, banana, and maple syrup accompanied by good coffee. I also invited some friends over to join in. A perfect start to the day!!
We then went to my friend, Jessie's, wedding. Such a lovely wedding and Jess was an absolute stunner!! 


My incredible mum made the wedding cake. How beautiful is it??
The wedding had a country theme to it and on the tables were pretty spring flowers in jars and mini hay bales that had the names of the people sitting on the table, sticking out of then. 

 


Me and some of my friends.




Oh and do you remember in my last post how I said I was going to get back into painting again?? Well, I finished my first one! 



Hmmm bad photo of it, but you get the idea. I gave it to my grandma. It is representative of some things we are praying for. 


How was your weekend?





3 comments: